Before traveling to a meeting in a new location, I often look at Mapquest to find the best route toward my destination. I also have a mapping program on my cell phone and a detailed map of Chicagoland in my car to provide directions as needed. The reason I use these tools is that I want to arrive at the desired destination.
I was asked today by our webmaster to detail Ignite’s goals for 2013. Here are some of the major things we plan to accomplish this year.
1. Starting church #3 around O’Hare. We have the planter hired for this church and he will arrive on the field the first of February;
2. Starting 2 – 6 house churches through the Underground Network;
3. Gather 3 partners to start Cluster #2 (Cluster #1 begins this year);
4. Find, assess, train and deploy more church planters;
5. Develop additional partnerships (individual and church) to resource our planting efforts.
These are the goals we are pursuing as an organization in 2013. While I know there will be course corrections along the way, knowing the desired destination helps keep the focus during the journey. I am looking forward to the road ahead for Ignite!